Re: Ethics!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kerry Grissett on September 04, 2004 at 11:03:40:

In Reply to: Re: Ethics! posted by sammy on September 04, 2004 at 05:57:50:

Sammy,

Alex and I don't catch and keep 60 crappie every trip. We make a lot of dry trips and throw back quite a few on more productive trips at times. However, when we do get into them and manage to catch the legal daily creel limit for each of us, and we decide to keep our legal daily limit we do. No fish is ever wasted or thrown on the bank, etc.

The post Alex made was about a person fishing in a tournament and leaving a bass on the bank because the guy was afraid he would break the tournament rules if he weighed it in. By doing that, he broke the law in Alabama. If you don't believe me look at 220-2-.13 of the rules and regulations.

Now, if you have a problem with anyone legally catching and keeping the legal limit, change the law. In the mean time, report those folks who violate the game and fish laws to the authorities. I believe the taking of short fish is a much larger poblem with crappie, along with those who take over the legal limit or more than one legal limit per day as the law prescribes, than people who take the legal limit and follow all the game and fish laws.

Good luck and good fishin'

Kerry

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]