Re: Not many mechanics I trust.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by jd on August 31, 2004 at 13:48:28:

In Reply to: Re: Not many mechanics I trust. posted by Joseph Fristoe on August 25, 2004 at 12:36:50:

I believe that other place in Decatur that does Yamaha work is Wheeler Lake Marine? Coming from Huntsville it is just after you get into town on the right? NOT a good choice. I took a boat there in 2001 with a 50 Yamaha and came home $450 later with my tail tucked between my legs. They did a carb rebuild, fuel filter, and fuel filter line. Oh, and plugs. They replaced the brand new fuel line because they said it had been installed with baling wire (Guntersville Boat Mart). They replaced it with a fuel line connected with a plastic cable strap. Hmmmm.. maybe a simple $1 hose clamp could have done the trick? I would rather have had the baling wire which at least wired a metal clamp together. Not a good experience. Nice guy though! Maybe it was just a bad idea to take a boat in a cold week in February? I guess everybody's gotta make a living.

Fortunately, I have not been back to the doctor since I got a Merc. KNOCK ON WOOD!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]