Re: Fishing under bridges at nigh

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Smitty *lakeharding* on August 18, 2004 at 23:53:21:

In Reply to: Re: Fishing under bridges at nigh posted by rainmaker on July 30, 2004 at 16:26:14:

Bridge NIGHT fishing for crappie is the easiest way to get a novice hooked on fishing. I try to get to the bridge or train tressle about 30 minutes before dark. You get all tied up and ready while watching a beautiful sunset on the water. I put out lights. I have used a floating sealed beam for 25yrs and still do. I also run a sinking GREEN flouresent tube about 15ft deep. I have found or atleast I think the combo works better than 1 single type. The green water also lets you see your line and the fish you are fighting. I fish 4 poles baited with minnows at the depth I find them on the fish finder. If none are present I fish 8, 11, 15, and 20 feet until I find them. The good nights are when you can only fish 1 pole. I also use a Jig at times to keep myself honest. If you are under a newer bridge use the depth finder to locate the older bridge pilings from the bridge that was demolished. I have found these old ones are about 10-15 feet tall and hold crappie. I get lots of stares when I set up in the middle of some bridges instead of beside the pilings.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]