Guntersville Crappie

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Alex on August 18, 2004 at 06:42:09:

I have tried the last couple of weeks under the bridges in Guntersville and have had limited success. The fish that I have caught have been small. I did have one day when I did catch 26 keepers. Last year about this time, people were limiting out under the Browns creek bridge. For some reason the crappie are not following last years schedule!

I thought last weeks cool down would get them started but like Kerry said, it was not enough to drop the water temperatures significantly. I have been doing a little “farming” this year. I put out some PVC trees last week and hopefully they will hold some fish this year.

After reading some of the posts, I realize that some individuals are doing fairly well at night under the bridges. What I have not heard is are they limiting out? I guess I am really getting cabin fever and just want the action to pick up.

Kerry and I are planning a trip to Guntersville. We will check several areas out on the river channels and post the results. All I can say is it should not be long before the action picks up. Good luck to everyone and wear those life jackets.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]