Sauger Ditto Landing(Wheeler)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Alex on December 10, 2000 at 19:17:55:

I did not go but a friend of mine went Friday to a spot I showed him on the map and had a very good day. He did not move from this spot and ended up catching around 60 sauger. Him and his buddy brought home a good solid limit of keepers. He did not have anything under 14 inches. I can verify this because after his trip he came to work and I saw the fish. All fish were caught on a chartruse 1 ounze hair jig tiped with a tuffy minnow. He said when he pulled up on the spot fish were all over his graph, holding just off the bottom. He said the fish were in exactly 40 foot of water. After looking at my records I told him to concentrate in this depth range. Keeping records are very important. It almost takes the work out of fishing. This particular area is up river about a mile past the upcurrent side of Hobbs Island. After his positive trip I might leave the crappie alone for a while and try some of those toothy critters! Give them a try and wear those life jackets. Oh, by the way, the water temperature my friend got was 51.2. Once the water gets in the high 40's-----look out!!!!!!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]