Re: Night Fishing

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mark T on July 07, 2004 at 20:39:25:

In Reply to: Night Fishing posted by BassTracker on July 07, 2004 at 12:50:49:

For the money the night stalker II cat#21-564-900-00 with the twin black lights is a good bet for about $30.00. Bass pro has a larger model cat #21564-903-00 for about $40.00 with a single bulb but the black light shines straight down. They have another one for about $50.00. Stan sloan makes a heavier built unit made of aluminum that sells for around $100.00. I have pretty much used the less expensive twin bulb style and found it at Wal-Mart several years ago for about $20.00. Let me say though that I have been avoiding using the black light and subsequently catching MORE FISH. I can get away with this because I fish a lot of areas where there is enough light from houses along the shorlines or below the dams to see where I'm casting. Hate to be long winded here but be extra cautious on the water at night. A couple of flashlights-for changing lures, and for signaling if your batteries are dead in the middle of the channel with a barge coming are a must. Good pair of clear goggles(bug in the eye at 40mph). Rainsuit. Extra clothes-it can get cold and damp even in the middle of summer. Good headlights on the boat. Don't forget to flash your nav lights a few times if a boat is approaching.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]