Courtesy on and off the Water

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by bassman on June 29, 2004 at 20:09:51:

I have finally had enough and thought that it was time to post this message. With the sport of fishing growing at a rapid pace the waterways are getting more and more crowded. However please show a little courtesy when on and off the water. I read a post that Troy Jens posted a few months ago when he was talking about a boat pulling in on him while in a tournament and cutting him off and needless to say this has happened to me more than once in the past week. Friday night I was fishing a tournament and at about 9:30 had a boat pull in to within 15 yards of where I was sitting with my lights on and drop anchor. They then proceeded to cast across the front of my boat, literally. Like I said the water is crowded but there are plenty of places to fish without pulling on top of someone and casting across there boat or across there line. Then today I was sitting at the boat ramp wiping my boat down and proceeded to take a sailors cussing because I was wiping my boat down at the ramp. Please show a little courtesy and a little ethics.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]