Return from Orange Beach

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Trapper1 on May 27, 2004 at 16:29:11:

Thought I would post a follow up since several folks provided saltwater fishing tips. First let me say thanks for all the info! Fortunately my conscience wouldn't allow me to take too much time from my family vacation. That said, I did get to do an 8 hour bottom fishing trip. Ended up doing a "walk-on" with Outcast Charters at the Perdido Pass. Went out on the boat "Rookie II". We returned with a limit of red snapper and numerous vermillion snapper and trigger fish. Also worked in a couple of hours on the jetties before the family woke one morning and a couple of hours after supper one evening. The jetties were as dead as I have ever seen them. I tried various proven techniques for spanish mackerel, bluefish and flounder. Only one bluefish was caught and a couple of trash fish (ladyfish and hardtails). Still beats working though!!!

If anyone is going down with their family, I highly recommend a dolphin sightseeing trip. I took my little girl out with Blue Dolphin out of Outcast Charters. We saw lots of dolphins and seeing her excitement when she spotted those dolphins was the best "fishing trip" a dad could ask for!!!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]