Guntersville Bass

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by jd on May 24, 2004 at 09:29:24:

Thank God my annual fiasco supporting a charity bass tournament has come and gone once again. Dang it was hot!! I practiced only one day - last Wednesday afternoon. It was my only day out for bass this year. Caught a 6+ pounder on a chug bug in Siebold creek fishing the grass on the west shore and caught a 16 inch fish in Town Creek in the grass on a jig-n-pig.

T- day was about the same. One 4 pounder in Siebold on topwater skitter-pop, and one 16 inch fish near Goosepond on a rattle trap. The gnats were so nasty around Goosepond that I decided it was not worth it went pack to Siebold where I withered and died without another bite for 4 hours fishing jigs, senkos, worms, spinnerbaits, and topwater. I had been hearing the fish were shallow. I was fishing off of 3-8 ft. deep grasslines and it seemed like the dead sea on Saturday. Most of the bream beds had been abandoned in the creeks, but lots of them along the hydrilla around Goosepond. The polarized glasses were like having x-ray vision watching all the bream swimming around.

Can't wait for next spring and another striper run for some easy fishing. Yes, I am becoming a fair-weathered fisherman with every passing year... at least with the heat! From Memorial Day to Labor Day, I relinquish water access to the jet skis and pleasure boats!

Good luck,
jd

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]