NAFF Rules Of Conduct, foul language, debates, fishing, etc...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kerry Grissett on May 12, 2004 at 00:24:22:

Once again, let me say thanks to all the good folks who use and support the NAFF! There is a great group of folks who regularly post useful information about fishing and general help for others on the NAFF. They are a BIG part of what makes the NAFF a great place!

Please remember that the NAFF is family oriented or "G" rated and never use language which would be offensive or vulgar. When it comes to what language/words you shouldn't use, keep this rule of thumb in mind: If you wouldn't say or write the word in front of an elementary school classroom, don't use it here. When in doubt, throw it out! There are too many words in Webster's to stoop to using foul, vulgar or offensive language here.

Please take the time to read the NAFF Rules of Conduct. It is required reading. Also, take a look at the mission statement and FAQ. Thanks!

From time to time a message is posted that leads to a debate about some area of fishing. Debate is good. There are many issues related to fishing in our area that need to be talked about and many of them will always be debated as there are many differing views.

I have no problem with these debates related to fishing and encourage them as long as they don't get out of hand, too emotional or personal. There has been some concern expressed that these debates don't belong here and they will cause the NAFF to become like some other boards and get out of hand. I can assure you that I read everything posted here (everything!) and will not let ANY thread get out of hand. I can't think of a better place to have discussions/debates over fishing related concerns. More people do need to get actively involved in the conservation of our favorite natural resource and such discussions are a great way to do that. The only thing I ask concerning such discussions is that folks should make every effort to be sure of their facts, don't just take someone else's word for it. Debates often cause emotions to heighten, so think before you post. Better arguments come from those who take the time to cool down and think, get their facts straight and write a message/reply that isn't coming from pure emotion. I have been guilty of this and try to take time to digest what I have read before writing a reply. Especially if the debate is something about which I feel strongly.

Now, if my truck would start, I had an income, and gas prices weren't so high, I would go fishing! (grin)

Thanks again to all the good folks here on the NAFF!

Good luck and good fishin'

Kerry

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]