Re: General discussion

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rckmn on May 10, 2004 at 14:34:39:

In Reply to: General discussion posted by Alex on May 10, 2004 at 13:03:17:

Amen! I agree completely! According to that individuals statement, no one should deer hunt either as you can not eat all of the fixings in one meal. And correct me if I am wrong, but isn't one of the problems that many of the lakes have is that not enough of the small bass are being harvested and therefore, there is not enough of a food supply to help produce trophy fish? This individual also stated that it is wrong to catch bream during the spawn for harvest. But is it also wrong to catch bass in a tournament during spawn and relocate this fish to the other side of the lake (if it even survives) to have not place to lay its eggs? In the past, I have agreed with much of what this person has said, but recently, in my mind, he is not speaking for the majority of the sportsmen/women who enjoy the outdoors and abide by the laws and morals that are in place. I hope he re-evaluates his outlook on this befor speaking on behalf of us.

One other topic I would like to respond to is the fact that he and otehrs on this site have talked several times about the econimic impact that these tournaments bring to our state. As that is fine and dandy for econimics in Alabama, what about our waters? Bring in all "fishermen" that care only about the money and not the lake and let them destroy our fishing, litter in our waters, and run 70 mph without a care for other people or their property and where do we end up? People typically take pride in their home lakes, not these individuals. I have been cut off or moved out of a fishing area (that I found myself) due to some tournement angler thinking he can make money therefore deserves the spot. I know it will never happen, but I sure hope that these tournements come to an end soon and they let our lakes to be fished/enjoyed by those who care about them!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]