Re: Not accurate Redbug,

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Redbug on May 10, 2004 at 07:32:58:

In Reply to: Re: Not accurate Redbug, posted by TroyJ on May 09, 2004 at 21:10:47:

I've done my research. By tours I mean all tournments. I may have given the impression I was talking about the pro tours. I also talk to other fishermen and nobody gets'em evertime. Your ideas and suggestions are skewed to helping tourny and guide business and you are very forcefull about it. I think more research not published by the tournment business would serve you better. If your goal is to help improve all fishing. If that is your goal I am here to help any way I can. I personally don't keep any bass I catch on Guntersville (leagal fish are too big) I sometimes catch 150 - 200 brim I keep about 25 sometime (thats all I want to clean at one time). Same with crappie. My point is your comments are wild estimates based on a few incidents and filling the boat evertime out.
1 tour 5 fish per boat x 50 boats = 2500 bass = 250 trips 10 limit for a good fisherman and over 500 for me. This is a more resonable estimate.
Studies not connected to any fishing business have put tourny released fish deaths as high as 85%. The bigger the fish the higher the loss
rate and waste. And not all average fishermen keep fish.
I am here to help, but I think you need to clear your mind, do some research outside your personal interest. Make some resonable post then you will get some real help. I only know you from these pages and from what I read you are a fine person. Just my humble thoughts.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]