Re: sorry Josh, but...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by alared on May 09, 2004 at 19:26:33:

In Reply to: Re: sorry Josh, but... posted by Troy Jens on May 09, 2004 at 18:25:17:

Being a bank fisherman, I personally have never gotten 50 in my life in one day. I have been out in a boat a few times during bedding, and might have gotten close, but to me, it has to be a decent sized fish for me to even think about keeping it. I truly dont see keeping any bream, shellcracker, or other unless it is truly worth the troubles of cleaning. Too many people catch and keep the small guys that in my opinion dont amount to much more than a sardine when the heads gone, and think thats a meal. I guess it could be if you cooked all 50 of them!!
I guess this truly does come down to individuals. I enjoy our fishing and refuse to keep small fish in the hopes of getting em when their big. And I also refuse to have fish in the freezer that wont be eaten so maybe 50 good size is too many.
I just consider an opportunity to have a good relaxing day of fishing, and hopefully put food on the table for a night an outstanding trip.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]