Re: Gluttony

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Josh T on May 09, 2004 at 07:17:14:

In Reply to: Re: Gluttony posted by TroyJ on May 08, 2004 at 21:59:04:

I agree glutony is wrong.I did state that the laws should be enforced.
If your customers are happy with c&r,so be it.I wouldn't be.I c&r on most occasions,but if I'm paying a guide,I might want to take a trophy.Call me old-fashioned.
Now,your comments to Redbug bother me again.You want the limit decreased,so that the honest people take less,there by helping to decrease the total number taken.That sounds alot like the gun control debate.Limit the guns for the honest people,and there will be fewer gun deaths,right?Do you eat alone?It takes an awful lot of panfish,to feed a large family.
I have read this forum for two years,and posted very little.It appears to me that there are many "meat hunters" here.They would all probably support you on your quest to stop poaching.But I doubt any of the honest harvesters on this board want to decrease limits,especially on bream.I could be wrong.
How old is the 50 bream limit?I'm 32 and its been that as long as I can remember.We still have,excellent fisheries.Some are better than ever.I don't fish Guntersville much,but from the way this board reads the bream fishing is excellent.Are "meat hunters"a new problem?I think not.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]