Re: Redbug,

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Troy Jens on May 08, 2004 at 22:15:15:

In Reply to: Re: Poachers Caught! posted by Redbug on May 08, 2004 at 16:25:07:

First of all, I believe we'll see better enforcement in the future. I believe the state wants things to improve in that regard, and I believe they are working towards that goal.

I firmly believe people should harvest fish to eat, always have and always will.

Secondly, I agree that the limit does not matter to poachers, I see it all the time. However, a lower limit would mean honest people harvest fewer, and that would have a major impact locally since the number of people coming here soley to harvest fish is going to increase. Just two guys here on a meat hunt can kill 20 bass a day legally, and 100 bream a day. And, a lot of them do it. If you think tour anglers are worse in terms of mortality, you're outta your mind. Even delayed mortality is far below the fillet knife around here. Many survive the tournaments, none survive the knife, and most tournaments have a limit of 5 per boat, while the keep and kill guys have a limit of 20 and even 30 or more per day depending on how many people are in the boat. The keep and kill guys are here 7 days a week, you do the math. You see, a lot of people want to take but not give back, I have a fundamental problem with that attitude.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]