Re: Poachers Caught!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by TroyJ on May 07, 2004 at 23:13:44:

In Reply to: Re: Poachers Caught! posted by Mark T on May 07, 2004 at 22:30:31:

I hope your friend will drop a dime on these guys. I watch out of state groups work together and take out thousands of fish each year. It's sick. We have to get the bass creel limits reduced, 10 per person per day, and a possession of 20 per person is insane. 10 guys can legally come and take 200 bass, and I've seen it done i just ONE group. The DCNR may think it doesn't happen, but they don't have a clue. They could set up in any of these "fish camps" and make some incredible busts. No telling the thousands of bass and bream/crappie that get bagged up and hauled out of South Sauty and Ossa-Win-Tha each year. I've had clients tell me the stories for years. It's time we stop putting up with it. These groups come here, spend all week killing fish, and spend very little money in our economy for what they take out. Not to mention, they don't leave much for our weekend locals when they decide to hit the water. They bypass lakes closer to them to do their poaching because they know they have been able to get away with the slaughter here, and they can haul out so dang many. Please folks, get involved, it's worth it for the future of our fisheries.

I hear there is a group down on Wheeler now laying waste to the crappie/bream and bass. They are set up and just thowing all the fish carcasses off the dock down in Coxy. I'm hoping to get down there and see if I can tell if they are poaching. I don't have any problem turning greedy people into the law. Not to mention, I will not carry any clients who are meat hunters while guiding. I don't want their money so just so they can learn to rape our lakes, and that goes for locals also.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]