Guntersville Bream and Shellcracker

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Alex on April 29, 2004 at 07:15:08:

I put in yesterday and tried my new rebuilt trolling motor. The guys down at the Prop shop did me well! Strong, Very STRONG! I really do not know where to start. I tried several areas. Spring creek, Browns creek, Connors Island, and Alreds Island. In my entire career as a Bream and Shellcracker fisherman, I have never had a hard time finding fish like I did yesterday. I started out in the back end of Spring creek. I covered the entire area and found some small bluegill beds but not good enough for my bream tournament Saturday. They were spotty and not good quality. I tried Browns creek and covered the entire area in front of the walking trails and ball fields. NOTHING! I crossed over and fished around Guntersville boat mart- all the way until it dumps into the river channel. NOTHING! I left there and fished Alreds, Connors and still NOTHING! Saturday does not look good for me. I don’t mind getting skunked, but to get skunked in the rain, high winds and lightning bolts, not for me! I did talk to a good friend at the ramp and he said him and his partner had 39 GOOD Shellcracker. I take my hat for these two gentlemen! He did give me a word of encouragement though. He said, “Alex, come on….this is your first trip out! I know you better than that!” To any of my competitors reading this, you do not have to worry about me! I guess I have lost it! Good luck to everyone and be safe out there.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]