Guntersville Blue Gills

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Snapperking on April 28, 2004 at 21:57:49:

I went for about 3 hours this afternoon as a scouting trip to see how far along the bream are towards bedding in the Browns Creek and Beech Creek area.All I used was Crickets fished from 18 inches to 4 ft deep depending on the area.The females I cauught are very swollen with eggs and seem to be staging sort of out in front of the grass(milfoil)and the males were spotty in the grass but they have their bedding male colors now so I believe by the 2nd or 3rd of may they will be hot on the beds.I did find one active bed in about 2 ft of water that had hard sandy bottom and you could see the bowls they were sweeping .It was a bonus bed since I had never caught them in that area.No Shellies were caught .So my assessment is that the Bream are just now starting and will only get stronger the next 10 days in this part of the big G.Another bonus on this trip is that for some reason the channel cats were in the edge of the grass at one particular place i fished at Beech creek and i caught 3 that would average 4 lbs a piece ,with another one in the 7 lb range ,all were released as i prefer the pond variety when it comes to eating HA!! Tight lines to all!!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]