Re: Bream/Shell Cracker Need to Schedule Vacation

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by scratch on April 26, 2004 at 08:54:02:

In Reply to: Bream/Shell Cracker Need to Schedule Vacation posted by Spurgeon on April 24, 2004 at 20:11:29:

Should be good timing for the major bedding activity around the full moon. The first two weeks of May has always been great for bream fishing here in North Al. I would fish more on the lower end of the lake, that is south of goose pond to the Dam. It seems the fish always start bedding first upriver due to the fact that the water warms up earlier. My wife and I went Saturday afernoon and had a great trip we both limited on bluegills that were bedding. They bit crickets much better than keystone or squirrel tail jigs. We found several beds located in two foot or less of water. After a limit of bream we bass fished for an hour or so and we both caught two or three nice fish each. The bass were caught on a buzz bait and a texas rigged worm. Get out on the water soon and have a great day. Oh by the way the bass were released and I brought home 30 bream for the frezer and the rest were put back for me to try another day.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]