Gulf Fishing week end

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Snapperking on April 25, 2004 at 22:25:09:

I was able to get away for a long a waited Big Pond fishing weekend this past Friday and Saturday! The Snapper season has finally opened as of April 21 and they were ready to bite,but so were the Grouper too!! On Friday my Bonita chumming buddy and I went on an 8 hour bottom trip out of Destin,Fl as a walk on group and we caught over 300 lbs of fish between the 2 of us and the 4 other guys that went, with 22 of them nice Snappers in the 5 to 12 lb range and we had 6 Grouper ,3 of which went 20 lbs or better and lots of Vermillion and Trigger fish,and I dont want to talk about the big one that got away!! all in all a super nice trip for a group trip.Saturday we moved over to our planned private Trip onthe Summer Hunter out of san roc cay marina at Orange Beach. We had a rather rough day seas wise with 6 to 8 ft swells and a cross chop runnning 3 to 4 ft by the afternoon ,but capn Jack knows his business and we ended up 3 shy of our boat limit of 32 snapper, all in the 5 to 10 lb class and and some of the biggest Vermillion snapper I ever seen (25) and Trigger fish.We also lucked into 2 nice Kings of about 18 and 22 lbs on light line !! And there was one Shark battle too.Anyways from now till the end of May is a great time to make it out into the Gulf if you can swing it!! Also the Cobia right now are doing the best they have in the last few years ,as seen by the numerous ones we saw hanging as we came back in to harbor in Destin Firday,they even got on of 74 lbs off the pier!!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]