Re: Question for Alex

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Alex on November 23, 2000 at 21:26:17:

In Reply to: Question for Alex posted by Homer on November 22, 2000 at 18:48:11:

Homer I apologize for taking so long to answer your question but I have been out-of-town for Thanksgiving. Mink creek is a good place to catch crappie. During the spring, fish the boat houses which are located in the back of mink creek. If you have a map handy follow me on this information. As you look at the map, the creek channel going into mink creek is holding fish right now. On the map you will see the word "Ridge". This is where the creek channel swings into the bank and then shortly after that, it goes parallel to the main river channel and then swings back into mink creek. Where this creek channel first hits the bank, crappie are holding here. On the map look at the word ridge and then look right below the word. You will see a black bouy and then 2 red ones. On the 2nd red bouy, fish here! There is a tree that has fallen and is located in about 14 ft of water. Shad are holding here when current is present and you should be able to limit out. Current is crusial here. If TVA is not pulling water stay home. Another good place is the last Island as you are headed into mink creek. Here the channel swings close to the Island shoreline and crappie are here also if current is present. There is alot of big stumps off of this Island and crappie like this spot when wind is blowing in on the Island. This would be a east wind. I know some people say that when a east wind is blowing the fish dont bite very well. That old expression does not apply here! Crappie tear it up on a east wind when fishing this location. You will need a good graph when trying to locate the stumps but when you do, you will see fish all over them. I am sorry for all the mispelled words but I am tired and need to go to bed. I fished Friday with a good friend and he gave me all of his fish so I had a dould load to clean. We did not limit but we had 35 before the wind got up and we had to leave. The fish Friday averaged around 1 pound. I was planning on going tomorrow but the wind was predicted to be up and I also figured there would be alot of people fishing. I like to go during the week when there is little boat traffic. I have really worked hard over the years to place feeders and tree tops and I hate to see people fishing the areas I have worked so hard at. I would not mind if they were willing to get out on the cold days I do and place cover and put out feeders. But most people do not want to put that much effort out when it come to crappie fishing. My success is due to my hard work. Good luck and I hope I have helped. Sorry for the long message!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]