Re: One angler's complaint about Neely Henry Lake

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Alex on November 23, 2000 at 20:58:52:

In Reply to: One angler's complaint about Neely Henry Lake posted by Darn Tootin' on November 22, 2000 at 05:51:32:

Darn Tootin', I read your post and I realize your complaint. Over the last 20 years, fishing has really exploded. Bass fishing especially seems to have really increased. There was once a time when I could go down to any ramp and only see a couple of boats. Back then you either had to be a very wealthy individual or a comercial fisherman. As far as not being able to launch your boat when you want to is a shame. As a tournamet angler and a multi species angler, I have never had a problem when launching at any ramp. If the ramp you are launching from is a public ramp, then noone should be able to keep you from launching. There have been times when I pull up in a parking lot and there is a lot of boats waiting to launch for a tournament. I always get out of my vehicle and ask a couple of people ahead of me if there is tournament and if so, I let them know I am not fishing the tournament and I always get the go ahead to pull ahead and launch. I have only run into one guy over the years who really came across as having a attitude problem. To sum it up, ask if you can launch even if there is alot of boats ahead of you. I think you will be surprised at the results. If you still have trouble after you ask, then you can try what Kerry suggested. I realize your concerns for over fishing a body of water. As a tournament angler, I apologize for any inconvienance that has been caused by a tournament. Alex

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]