Re: One angler's complaint about Neely Henry Lake

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kerry Grissett on November 22, 2000 at 22:00:24:

In Reply to: One angler's complaint about Neely Henry Lake posted by Darn Tootin' on November 22, 2000 at 05:51:32:

I know tournaments can totally take over a lake or especially a boat ramp. And if that is the ONLY public boat ramp, it is a pain for the local "amateur" fisherman. I fall into the latter category myself. I haven't fished your area at all, so I am not familiar with the area or the available public boat ramps. If tournaments are taking over the ONLY public boat ramps, then all I can suggest is that you petition your city and county to use some of the funds they get from the tournaments to provide a public boat ramp that the "average Joe" can use as an alternative.

I know this isn't much help, but because of the economic impact of "Big Tourney's", they will always be catered to by areas blessed with the ability to host them. Just do what you can to make sure that a portion of the revenue received from these events goes to maintaining open and public boat ramps and bank fishing areas for us amateurs who just love to fish!

Good luck!!!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]