Re: dam fishing etiquette

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by jd on April 20, 2004 at 09:13:48:

In Reply to: dam fishing etiquette posted by baitbucket on April 19, 2004 at 14:11:46:

Amen - I have complained about this on this board in years past. A few years back, I found Wheeler to be much worse than Guntersville due to the discharge flow pattern. I remember one day that everyone was running up to one guy's boat, casting past him, and drifting down. Must have been 6-8 boats fishing around this guy. He trolled up and sat on the spot after he saw others catching fish on successive passes. It was edge of current against the dam.

IT AINT JUST PEOPLE FROM OUT OF TOWN. Like you, I no longer fish weekends on the lake or tailraces. It aint fun if you are getting mad! Maybe I need some new hobbies. I keep looking for the perfect land to build a lake, but I am sure poachers will find me after I spends lots of time and dollars growing some nice fish. It has happened to every good pond that I know of where someone does not live on the land.

I saw a local guy drift down the bank (within 30 yards) a few weeks ago with his back towards the bank fisherman. Must have been 20 people on the bank and this guy can't find a better place to fish!?!?! Had I been on the bank, I would have got his attention with a 1/2 oz. chunk of lead in his boat.

The whole thing always make me wonder why I post successful fishing reports to attract more rookies to the tailrace. Actually, it has been older guys lately sitting on current breaks more than rookies. They just don't care. And some of them always cast towards your boat if you try to ease up close to them. I can only hope that what goes around, comes around.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]