Re: Lakes near Birmingham

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rckmn on April 19, 2004 at 10:13:11:

In Reply to: Re: Lakes near Birmingham posted by Matt on April 17, 2004 at 17:27:35:

Most of the ones I fish our south of town along Highway 280. In particular, Hunters Pointe has six or seven ponds. I use to be able to catch anywhere from 10 to 30 bass in an evening ranging from a half pound up to five pounds. Recently, Everything I get there is at or under a pound (a lot of people have been keeping them lately; frown). But it is still fun with a light rod. Use a zoom finesse worm (I like June Bug or pumpkinseed color). There is also another pond jsut below Hunters Point that a newer apartment complex has built around (don't know the name of the complex but the pond is called Lake Dixie and is on maps). This pond is real good also. There is another apartment complex on the north side of Brook Highland Drive that has a decent pond. I wish I knew the names of all of these complexes but my mind does not retain info like it should. My best suggestion for you is to get a Birmingham map with good detail and look for water. The secret to catching the fish is to use baits that don't scare the fish! Like I mentioned before, a finesse worm with no weight or a Texas rigged worm works best for me. Good luck and if you have any more questios please post a follow up.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]