Howdy Again Alabama

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Perch Jerker on November 22, 2000 at 09:41:21:

Howdy Folks: Your right TCarr about the brisket. Can't spit it out. Those "Bama Boys" don't know what they are missing. Also, Sam "Crappy" is a sorta loose term all us perch jerkers use for Crappie, Slabs, and "White Perch" here in Texas. I havn't been in a while as the weather has kept me and ol "What's th' Deal" off the water. Been really needing all this rain though. This time of year these crappy start fattening up on shad and ease toward their winter hang-outs in deep water brush and humps. Here on Lake Conroe ther are a couple of mid-lake deep humps that always pay off when the water cools down. You get a duke mixture of blacks, sandies and big ol' crappy. My favorite method is something some of you have probably tried but if not give it a whirl. I carolina rig a 1 ought gold crappy hook with a 2 ft. leader with a medium shiner and 1/2 oz. lead. I tie a 6 inch leader to the barrel swivel and to that tie a 1/32 oz. jig head. Slip on a 1-1/2" tube jig in red with chartruse tail. Chunk it out and work it back real slow and hang on. There's something about that jig that ol' slab loves. Give it a try. It works. O yeah, I use 6# dia. / 20# test spiderwire.

Jerk Em

Perch jerker

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]