One angler's complaint about Neely Henry Lake

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Darn Tootin' on November 22, 2000 at 05:51:32:

I was born and raised in Etowah County and have fished Neely Henry Lake for much of my adult life now. I am all for economic gains and tourism and all that, but I think the City of Gadsden is going to contribute to overfishing of the lake. I don't know exactly how many tournaments they've had this fall at the city boat dock, but I know for several weekends I couldn't launch my boat there. I know these tournaments bring a lot of money in, but I spend far more money in Etowah County during the year than any single team of tournament fishermen. This has been going on for several years now, and I really think it's gonna contribute to a decline in fishing, catch and release tournament or not. One other thing about the bait shop. I don't even like using it any more because it seems like there's always a group of crusty old men hanging around gambling down there. If I'd wanted gambling, I'd have voted for the lottery. Preacher says no lottery, and no gambling. I just want to fish the lake I grew up with. Just wanted to state my piece. Thank you, and I love this forum. Keep up the good work.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]