Guntersville Bream and Shellcracker

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Alex on April 13, 2004 at 12:39:41:

Have not been but one of my co-workers went last Friday and caught a lot small fish. He informed me that he did not find any evidence of bedding fish and he is a good bream fisherman.

With these cold nights, it will be a couple of weeks before I start looking for them. Over the years I normally start catching them the last week in April and the first two weeks in May. This is not to say that I have missed some great fishing over the years, but I have found my records to be true most of the time. Something to keep in mind is water temperature. Until the water temperature in the shallows remain in the high 60's throughout the nighttime hours, spawning will not occur. Even if the temps get into the low 70's during the day, this is not sufficient.

Kerry and I are going to try next week and if we find anything I will be sure to post. I have a bream tournament the first week in May so my homework is ahead of me. I will concentrate on areas that I have never fished before in hopes of finding the mother load!
I have a funny feeling that this year is going to be a fantastic Shellcracker year. I just hope that my feeling turns out to be true! Good Luck and wear those life jackets.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]