Re: wheeler water level

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kerry Grissett on April 07, 2004 at 22:13:02:

In Reply to: Re: wheeler water level posted by Mark T on April 07, 2004 at 21:05:54:

I agree, but we also have to keep in mind those 2 main reasons why TVA is here. Flood control and generation of cheap electric power. The more I learn about the whole TVA system the more respect I have for what they are trying to do. I don't always like the results, but after several years of studying what they do and why, I don't complain nearly as much. TVA is trying to do the right thing in managing the waters for a wide variety of interests and that is quite a balancing act! Something that happens hundreds of miles away can affect the water levels here. It is a huge system, so we have to try not to look at things too locally, although that is hard to do when the water drops or rises dramatically during critical periods like the spawn.

Next year, the situation at spawning time may be much different and TVA may not be able to hold the waters as stable as they have so far this spring. Like I said, it is a difficult balancing act but at least they are trying and the recent ROS put a few good things they are attempting to do in writing! (grin)

I only wish the WNWR had the same attitude that TVA has when it comes to the fisheries, but don't get me started! (sigh)

Good luck and good fishin'

Kerry

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]