G-ville dam tailrace/TVA schedule

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by jd on April 07, 2004 at 18:20:27:

What the heck is up with TVA? Don't they know that I can't keep taking days off to fish their so-called schedule that is incorrect!?!? hehe. They were supposed to generate from 7-11. I don't think it went to 8, and I heard it was on at daylight. Supposedly, the last two days posting has been incorrect. Always expect the unexpected below TVA dams.

I made one pass before the water shut down. Nothing. I saw some large fish blowing up on shad after the water was off. I quickly tied on a large jerk bait and hooked up with a 20 +/- pounder (stripe). I am not used to estimating the weight of fish that large. It felt really good!! It was fun boating that fat momma without a net by myself! I am declaring that the topwater bite is officially on for stripers.

I proceeded to head to the lake for bass fishing, only to get skunked at Siebold Creek throwing spinner baits, rattetraps, jerk baits, lizards, topwater, crank baits, and just about everything else. Of course, fishing from 11-3 is not the best time of the day for me.

Good luck!
jd

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]