Re: wheeler water level

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kerry Grissett on April 07, 2004 at 16:14:53:

In Reply to: wheeler water level posted by fishin w/ no water on April 07, 2004 at 10:33:34:

I believe the water level on Wheeler has stayed consistent for the last few weeks because of the new policy concerning when they try to stabilize the water levels for the spawn.

Starting this year, 2004, the target water temperature is 60 degrees instead of 65 degrees as in the past. I am sure that many areas of Wheeler reached at least 60 degrees water temp before the cold snap. This stabilization of water levels at 60 degrees is a very good thing for the fish spawn and finally gets the water stabilized in time to help the crappie which were left out when the target was 65 degrees.

I have not verified this with TVA, but it is part of the final ROS and plan for operations on Wheeler. The actual reason why the levels have not come up may simply be due to lack of significant rainfall. In any case, no matter what the level of the lake is, the stabilization of the lake level during the spawn is a great thing for the fish and ultimately for the fishermen!

Good luck and good fishin'

Kerry

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]