Re: Fishing humps on Pickwick Lake

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by mark t on April 05, 2004 at 21:21:33:

In Reply to: Fishing humps on Pickwick Lake posted by shaun Dalton on April 05, 2004 at 18:32:31:

Finding humps on Pickwick isn't the problem. Finding one with fish on it is. There seem to be a few that always have fish stacked on them and others I've never been bit on. When current is present look for ripples on the water's surface. This indicates a stump or rock beneath the surface and this is where the fish are. Sometimes they will chase a lure and other times you have to put it in their mouths. Try anchoring about 40-50 yards upstream of the "ripples" and throw past it and let your bait go to the bottom. Work your lure sloooowly past the underwater structure and you can let it drift back and forth. Sometimes the bite is upstream of the obstruction for some reason. Another lesson I learned while fishing with live shad is to throw past the ripples and drag the bait on the bottom back to the boat. I dont seem to have much luck without current unless I'm night fishing with a spinnerbait. Don't know what type of bait you used but you can't go wrong with a 3 or 4" smoke grub. Also look for the smaller humps that are isolated from other shallow water. Most of these are on the tva river maps. Good luck and give us a report.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]