Re: pickwick lake crappie

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Alex on April 01, 2004 at 06:58:48:

In Reply to: pickwick lake crappie posted by jeff on March 31, 2004 at 20:52:23:

Jeff, are you one of the individuals fishing the crappie tournament 4/3/2004 on Wilson/Pickwick??? I think NACA (North American Crappie Association) is holding the event. If so you might have a hard time. We just had a bad cold front come through so it might be tough. I dont fish for crappie on Pickwick much but if you lock through to Wilson there are several creeks that you might try. On Wilson, if you go all the way back into Mckeirnan Creek, you should be able to find some. As you fish your way back out to river, try the deeper boat houses on the right. There are several with brush around them. Another spot you might try is Shoal creek. Again, try the back end of this creek. 4 mile and 6 mile creeks also have boat houses in them.

You also might want to try Bluewater creek up by the dam. There is a lot of shallow water in this creek all the way back but there are some boat houses that have been dredged. As you are headed back into Bluewater there will be a short slue on your left before you make the first right bend in the creek. In the the mouth of this slue there is some brush and also some old bricks and rocks. If the water is clear enough, you should be able to locate this structure. Fish the creek side of this structure.

With this cold front, you might want to try the mouths of these creeks and the secondary creek channels located in these creeks. Like I said, this cold front might push them back a few days.

If you come down, I wish you luck. If you are fishing the tournament, I wish you the BEST of luck. If there is anything else, feel free to ask.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]