Re: Wilson smallies/ current

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by TroyJ on November 17, 2000 at 22:11:23:

In Reply to: Wilson smallies/ current posted by TN minnow drowner on November 17, 2000 at 09:09:56:

I've been doing trips on Wilson 2 to 4 days a week over the last couple of months. They have been running current but, the smallmouth fishing for me has been tough in the tailraces. We've had much better luck on the points and bluffs in the mid-lake areas. We've caught a number of good smallies chasing bait on seawalls also. The resident smallies just inside the pockets and around the deeper docks are not as current dependent as those up river. We've been catching from 20 to 35 smallmouth per full day. Wednesday we had 28 smallmouth but the biggest was only 3-lbs. The cooler water will increase the size in the next few weeks. Threadfin are easy to get but, we've had a lot better bite on the store shiners. I guess there is so many threadfin the smallies like the change. Bream and snail darters are getting a few smallies up to 5-lbs in the tailraces but, numbers up that way have been way down for me this year. Big stripe are on fire up in the tailraces though. (Hybrids and Rockfish). Water temp was about 63 on my last trip (Wed) but should be lower this weekend. When it gets below 60 it will be all artificials for the big fish. Good luck.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]