Re: Limestone creek?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kerry Grissett on March 26, 2004 at 20:00:11:

In Reply to: Re: Limestone creek? posted by John on March 26, 2004 at 09:57:48:

That would not be good for the spawn. However, Wheeler has come up about a foot since yesterday. Since the water temps I have measured are running around the 60 degree mark, TVA may in fact be trying to do what they said they are going to try to do starting this year and stabilize the water levels when they reach 60 degrees. This will be hard to do when they are also in the process of raising the level to summer pool.

The level right now is fairly close to what they should be for this time of year. Even if TVA started exactly on March 15 with a level of 551.0 and steadily brought the level up to 556.0 on April 15 exactly, that would only be a 2 inch rise per day. Here again, a lot depends on weather. Not only rain or lack of it, but also temperatures. The more moderate the weather, the less they need to generate electricity at any of the dams, so there is less water coming into any given lake to make it rise. No rain and the levels usually stay more stable.

In any case, I always like it best when the water levels are very low. I do my best fishing during these times and it is the only time you can get out and take note of the structure that is covered by water the rest of the summer. It is good knowing where this structure is for locating fish. Also, during low water conditions, one must use common sense and not run wide open in certain areas. The lake is only more dangerous during the low level periods for people who don't use common sense, or I should say "good sense" as good sense seems to be less and less "common" these days. (grin)

Good luck and good fishin'

Kerry

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]