not what I was told

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by John on March 26, 2004 at 13:51:12:

In Reply to: Re: License Questions posted by Joseph Fristoe on March 26, 2004 at 12:01:28:

I was told by the Shelby County license office when I was registering my little jon that I would need a boating licence only if the boat had a gasoline engine and one was not required for a trolling motor. I got my boating license any way and was told that any state approved boating course certificate would qualify me for the hull stamp on my license as well as suffice as the license until I had a chance to renew my old drivers license or apply for a new one with the hull stamp. Not saying your wrong Joeseph, just passing along what a court house /license office employee told me. Easiest thing to do David, is to go to and have your son take the Alabama on-line course and test anyway. It's like $15.00 and I think another poster had the right idea of having your child take the test to learn boating regardless of whether they're required to or not. Never know what they may need to know if they or someone else is ever in a jam on the water.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]