Bank Fishermen

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by David price on March 22, 2004 at 20:44:59:

I have seen alot of posting about lack of places to bank fish these days. In my area we have Walker County Lake just outside of Jasper. They have a really nice pier. Most of the lake can be bank fished even from a wheelchair. Or if you like you can rent flat bottom boats and even a trolling motor and battery if you so desire. The cost is very small. I beleive you can get boat motor permit for about 12-15 dollars for a whole day. They even have a area dammed off just for handicapped and young fishermen and fisherwomen. Although it isnt as big as Smith Lake etc there are alot of quality fish caught there every day. I have seen 20 pound plus cats, large mouth over 5 really regular crappie etc. Very family friendly with alot of picnic tables right close to the water. I live on Smith and still take my sons and their friends out there many times a year. Marion county and Fayette has nice lakes as well although not quite as nice as Walker. I personally feel the county lakes are the most overlooked resource we have.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]