Re: Warrior/Bankhead

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mike D on March 22, 2004 at 13:27:26:

In Reply to: Re: Warrior/Bankhead posted by Just Fish on March 22, 2004 at 09:58:47:

On Wed 17th out of White Oak. They prefered a 1/16 white/red/white hair jig. The water is clearer 2-2.5 feet around Howtons and was running around 58-61 degrees.

I would fish from upriver to Millers slough and Bluff creek and down river to Frileys, Short Creek, Hurricane, White Oak and Walker Co Shoals. If the crappie have moved to the grass, The left side going into Prescot is definately a good place to fish.

I have not caught a crappie around the grass in more than 2 weeks. The largest have been coming from the end of the submerged tops. The primary and secondary points with wood cover have seemed to hold more fish. I have caught them along the banks in wood cover, but I have caught more on the points.

If the little ones can cast, A weedless jig is better for them. A jig under a cork also works well. Just make sure that the cork is not too big. Most of mine are 2 1/4" or less, I want just a little bit of the cork out of the water.

I have always done well with chart/red/chart-white , white/red/chart , white/red/white color combos.

Midweek will find much less boat traffic and much more courteous fisherman than the weekends.

I hope the kids have a great time.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]