Re: Spring Fishing

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by David on March 21, 2004 at 23:51:03:

In Reply to: Re: Spring Fishing posted by Bud on March 21, 2004 at 11:38:59:

Your right it does. But not for this "influential man" according to Barney ,,,,I mean Tommy. Come up on Smith and hang around and you will be amazed how loud these boats are up here. I can hear quite a few way before I see them and that being from inside my home. Everyone is entitled to their vices and fun. I dont own the lake but I was brought up to consider those around me though. Some were never taught this I am supposing. In my honest opinion there are several influential people on this lake with boats entirely too large to be on this body of water. Smith is a good sized lake but tends to be narrow and the wake off of some of these boats are considerable if you happen to be in a small boat. You couldnt pay me to get in a flat bottom like so many used to use around here to fish years ago. Of course my stretch of lake is really popular with boaters so that could be part of the problem. I am not really up to par on boating terms but I have seen some cabin type craft running and when the wake gets to my side of the bank it is still large and I live on a wide section. I shudder to think what is going to happen when a bass rig meets up with one or its wake on a stretch like Rock Creek etc. If it is halfway across a wide spot and can throw a 1 ft wave on shore I can imagine what it will do on a stretch a hundred or two feet wide. There are many areas just that size on Smith like around Sway Back Bridge etc. One boat was broken into near me at a marina and the guy was charged with breaking and entering a home not a vehicle that should give you an indication.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]