Re: Bank Fishing Around Decatur

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jimmy Yarbrough on March 21, 2004 at 16:55:14:

In Reply to: Bank Fishing Around Decatur posted by Doug on March 21, 2004 at 08:23:34:

It's a shame Decatur doesn't have any better areas to fish from the bank. The areas that are available need cleaning up in several ways and most of you know what I mean. I'm a retired teacher and I had one student that loved to fish so much his dad would let him out at the Boat Harbor on his way to work and the kid would fish all day and his dad pick him up on the way home. Their wasn't anywhere else for him to fish. Kids asked me all the time where they could fish from the bank and I had to tell them there weren't many safe areas. Why can't Decatur build some public fishing docks and access areas? I support the money they are spending to attract tournaments, but the small guy gets left out. The only handicapped accesssible area I know of is the one on 67 on Flint. What happened to making the lake at Wilson-Morgan Park a fishing lake? Seems like some political pressure is needed. I know TVA owns part of the land. They have done a lot in other areas to provide public access. Why not here? Clean up the area behind the pumps at Decatur. Do the same at Rockhouse. A little bushhogging and chain saw work and you would have some good areas. I think you could get enough volunteers to do the work. I'm a member of the Hartselle Bass Club and we would volunteer if we had permission. Somebody needs to organize and take the lead. How about it Kerry?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]