Re: Spring Fishing

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by David Price on March 21, 2004 at 09:39:41:

In Reply to: Re: Spring Fishing posted by LEW on March 21, 2004 at 08:34:07:

Having lived on Sith Lake for many years I can tell you this has been a problem for as long as boats have had engines lol. There is a big slew on each side of the land I live on. Each pushing an 1/8th mile and a 1/4 mile respectfully. This guy buys a lot up in the far end of it. Lucky for us he got a big insurance settlement and bought him a phallus symbol boat with a 454 on it and headers. His favorite thing was to fire it up early in the morning on weekends and use the slew as his own personal drag strip. Not only was he endangering everyone going up and down the lake by shooting out into it at 60 plus mph he was also making a helluva racket. He would do this several times a day. I called Tommy Cagle resident Barney Fyffe of Smith Lake and all I got was "well he is a very influential man" Well after a very fun weekend of this idiot making about fifty passes up and down the slew at full throttle someone took it on themselves to pull the plug on his boat. It sank, He assumed I guess that he somehow lost it. So it mysteriously sank again and again. Finally the plug puller left it hanging on his doorknob. He got the message. He now idles out the slew and is alot more considerate of those around him.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]