Spring Fishing

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by ked on March 20, 2004 at 21:36:07:

Well, it's that time of year again, the days are getting longer and the weather's getting warmer, and every year at this time I'm always asking myself, should I carry a gun with me in the boat? Not for all the snakes coming out this time of year, or the massive number of turtles laid up on every tree in sight, soaking up some rays, and not for all the trash fish that seem to be more active than what I'm out fishing for, but for all the IDIOTS who seem to come out of the wood-work this time of year. You know the ones who want to see just how fast that baby will run going down the Creek, without ever letting off the gas, zig-zagging as the creek turns and washing everything out in sight. What drives these people to want to blow everybody off the water in the Creek that people are trying to fish? I've even had them pass me like I was sitting still "Get out of my way, I own this creek because my boat is bigger and runs faster than yours". Give me a break. Are they afraid to get out on the open water of the river or lake, where they can run as fast as they want to, not to mention it would be alot safer, or are they afraid that if they did do that, nobody would see them run fast? Thinking about all this makes me afraid, afraid that if I do carry that gun along with me next time, that I just might use it. Let's be courteous as we fish and travel along the waterways. The fish are biting, so let's enjoy it while we can, and remember when you're fishing, you should get ready to jerk, not be one. <><

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]