Re: Gville Salts/Hybrids

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Snapperking on March 20, 2004 at 14:41:54:

In Reply to: Re: Gville Salts/Hybrids posted by Skeerer SX200 on March 19, 2004 at 21:06:06:

Well.I dont fish for them but have a lot of river rat friends that do HA!! and they tend to troll for them using large deep running plugs such as 7 in rapalas or other things that mimic large shad.Also they will use live shads ,drifting them from in front of the dam down river.The guys from the bank use live shads fished on the bottom or they will throw a large jig with a sassy shad or grub on it.I'm sure they have other methods but like I said I am more of an observer than a participant for them.I do know in a few more weeks as the water warms up they will all be using top water plugs fishing off the bank.They fish the wall below Gvile dam and wait for one of the big salts to surface chasing shad and then he gets bombed by all their plugs and its every man for himself .I catch a lot of them by accident while fishing for sauger and crappie when using small jigs and minnows, although they are usually just the small white stripe ,although I have caught an 8 lb hybrid and a lot of 4 and 5 lb salts with a few line break offs in the past (grin).I wouldnt recommend using 4 or 6 lb test for them HA.Hopefully some of the pros that visit here, that fish for them ,can give you better tips.good fishing!!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]