Re: batteries

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kerry Grissett on March 15, 2004 at 21:42:17:

In Reply to: Re: batteries posted by keith on March 15, 2004 at 19:39:50:

I have heard good things about Delco batteries as well, but from past message threads on this and other message boards, I don't think they are that much better than the EverStart batteries at WalMart for the price.

I use the EverStart Maxx-29 series, I think it is the largest marine/trolling motor battery they sell and they are still doing pretty well. Bought them 9-16-01, so about 2.5 years of service so far. I think the main things to remember about batteries is to get a GOOD SMART charger! Always put your batteries on the charger as soon as you get home. The charger I use is a Battery Tender and only pushes 1.25 amps. I do have a 6 and 10 amp charger for quick charging, but only use those when I have drained the batteries a lot and plan on going out the next morning. High amp chargers that don't have good smart technology will boil the acid and shorten the life of even the best batteries.

Just my $.02

Good luck and good fishin'

Kerry

P.S.

I am very hard on my trolling motor batteries when I am in my boat and I fish a LOT! It is the care you give them off of the water that is most important in my experience.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]