1987 Mercury 115 cooling problems

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve on March 14, 2004 at 21:40:21:

1987 Merc 115. Checked compression. 136 all cylinders except bottom one, 133. Replaced water pump. Made sure the "curl" was correct....that is....i turned the drive shaft clockwise when installing the water pump housing. Also....made sure the key was in place. The whole assembly had some slop.....but i suppose was ok.. I Upon starting and observing the pee hole, I didn't feel like the motor started peeing quickly enough...nor did i feel like the stream was a pressured stream....more like it was running out...and not being forced out under pressure. Planing off...and about mid rang on throttle....I noticed the pee stream started to spray more than pee a solid stream....seemed to steam also... I shut her down immediately and idled in. I

Didn't see any dirt dopbber nests nor obstruction of any kind. What's going on? Is my key jumping the keyslot and the shaft spinning inside the impeller???? I'm getting some water...but i don't think i'm getting the pressure i need to get that much needed H2O up to the top cylinder and cool this bad boy.

Comments?

-Steve

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]