Town Creek Bridge

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Snapperking on March 11, 2004 at 23:13:50:

I had been hearing that the crappie were biting strong under Town creek bridge up above the lodge in Guntersville, so I went up there to see for my self.It is true,I got there late to watch people fight it out for the few places you can fish on the bluff side under the bridge.One or two must have bought property there (Grin).There were 8 cars/trucks there a little before 6 so I dont know when they all got there.Anyway the bite was fast till the sun was up good, then they turned off.One of the nicer people there said they had been like that for the last 2 months!!Most using chart / white bass assisins or pearl.A few using minnows too.My guess is that you would have to get there about 4 something to get one of the prime places grin!! Anyway didnt fish any there just observed and then went back to short creek and caught 2 small carppie and a blue gill.I did manage a 4 lb bass from the warrington bridge later on.The water is high under the bridges right now but should soon go down with 15 gates open as of yesterday,they have since cut it back to 7 gates open and scheduled to close them all by saturday afternoon if you can believe their web site !!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]