Re: smith lake crappie fishing

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by David Price on March 10, 2004 at 10:15:33:

In Reply to: Re: smith lake crappie fishing posted by minnow bucket on March 10, 2004 at 00:16:17:

Go to this link

http://terraserver.microsoft.com/address.aspx

put in this address

600 lovell ferry rd jasper al 35504

when the search is done you will have an option for a topo or a aerial. Either will be okay but when the choise you make comes up you can reduce the magnification and see the area on the lake this is located on. Look for the red thumbtack on the map. The long finger of land across the slew to the right is Blue Water Pointe. All around that point is where I was fishing. Anywhere from the thumbtack back towards the dam on that side has produced bass crappie etc for me over the years. Also across the lake at Ryans creek is a good place as well and the stripe fishing there is better than most in my opinion. I am usually near Mauldins with a fly rod in hand. If you see me throw a wave at me. If I can help you any just let me know. I usually fly fish for all species of fish. I have caught crappie on a standard "crappie" pole using a fly rod fly called a Woolly Bugger. You can buy them at Wal Mart in a 4 pack variety pack for about three dollars. I especially like the olive drab with red tail and I jig it with a very small split shot about two feet above it and have caught crappie with it regularly. Leave it to me to use fly fishing lures to catch crappie lol

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]