Re: Leaky Boat Stop Leak

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kerry Grissett on March 09, 2004 at 23:08:17:

In Reply to: Re: Leaky Boat Stop Leak posted by cfgarrett on March 09, 2004 at 17:05:46:

I agree that filling up the boat with water to find the leaks. If the leaking problem is only minor, then you might try using pure silicone caulking around the areas you pinpoint. If the leaking problem is major or you find that you have a LOT of water coming into the boat, you may have to get it welded. JBWeld has worked for me in the past, but it is still a temporary fix in most cases. Although it may last several years in some applications, it won't last forever and the area must be cleared of the old JBWeld if it is to be applied again. That can be a pain.

If you are only seeing a little, tiny bit of water over the course of a full day of fishing, I wouldn't worry too much about it. However, if you are have to pump or bail water out of the boat in a short period of time, do yourself a favor and go ahead and get it fixed properly, even if that means welding the boat. By all means, fill the boat with water to pinpoint the leaks.

Good luck and good fishin'

Kerry

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]