Re: Bottom Line Fishing Buddy fish finder sonar?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kerry Grissett on March 05, 2004 at 18:10:15:

In Reply to: Re: Bottom Line Fishing Buddy fish finder sonar? posted by Clyde on March 05, 2004 at 17:36:21:

The Fish-ID 128 takes 8 D cells. I use the unit a LOT and always buy the Fuji alkaline batteries from Big Lots, about $6 + tax for 8.

I would say that I have to replace them about every six months and that is with very heavy usage. Of course, if you use the Back Light to see the unit in the dark, the batteries will run down MUCH MUCH faster! I tried EveryReady and Duracell alkalines, but the Fuji's always did better and were much cheaper.

I placed Velcro on the bottom of the unit and in the places on the boat where I want to have the unit most of the time. It is nice to be able to place the unit in these spots depending on what I am doing and not have to turn around to look at the unit. Most of the time it is located on the small deck at the bow of my boat. In this location the screen is viewable if I am on the trolling motor or using the outboard and I never have to take my eyes off of the front of the boat to see it when on plane.

So, about $12 a year for batteries if you use the D cells and the spare Fish Easy I have also came with the wiring to run to your 12 volt battery if you want to do it that way, but most trolling motor batteries will only last about 3 years and cost $60+ dollars -vs- about $36 for the D cells for 3 years.

Good luck and good fishin'

Kerry

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]