Re: question about a boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Alex on March 04, 2004 at 07:20:29:

In Reply to: question about a boat posted by barry on March 03, 2004 at 21:42:03:

Barry, back in 1997 I shopped around for a aluminum boat. I looked at Bass Trackers, Lowes, G3 (Generation 3), Fishers, Lake Sports, Xpress and SeaArk. During that time, I wanted an all welded boat with little or no wood in it. I did a lot of research on welding processes, material thickness and overall quality. I narrowed it down to to 2 boats. Xpress and SeaArk. Back then, in south Huntsville there use to be a boat dealership called Travis Boating center. They carried SeaArk. When I went down there to look at them the salesmen said he would take me out in one to see its performance. SeaArks are pretty good boats. The hole shot is fair and the ride is great. This particular model was a 97 with a 90 hp Johnson on the back of it. After we got back I told him that I was impressed. The only thing I had a complaint about was the floor. When walking around in the boat, the floor would pop and make noises. I feel that they did not do a proper job of welding or fastening the floor down. Other than that I was impressed. I wanted to check out Xpress so I went down to Tidwell Marine in Athens and looked at his Xpress boats. He took me out in a X51S 17 ft with a 90 hp Yamaha. My mind was made up at that point. The overall qaulity seemed to be better than SeaArk but maybe it was just that one SeaArk that I tested. I have had that Xpress since 1997 and fished countless hours out of it. Never had a problem (knock on wood).

To answer your question, I feel that SeaArk is a fine boat. If you can have a mechanic check the motor and the compression is good, you should be ok. That particular year Johnson made a good motor. I have several friends that ran that motor and they were pleased. If the price is right I would not hesitate on the SeaArk and the Johnson 90 hp! Good luck with your purchase!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]